Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Post of 2013!! Jan page kit

It has been a long time since I've been near my computer let alone thought about my blog! :( Despite getting our flu shots, Jeff & I were hit with some sort of respiratory bug right after Christmas that really knocked the wind out of our sails. Still recovering 2 weeks later but feel 100% better.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & holiday season! We had a wonderful Christmas visiting Ryan, Christina & Austin in Calgary. We were there for over a week & really got to spend lots of quality time with baby Austin. Best Christmas since Ryan was little! :)

I finally made it to my scrap room yesterday & did the monthly page kit from Scrappers' Cove in Invermere. You have to use what is provided in the kit but can also include other things. Love the white mesh in the kit for creating the snow! I ran it through my Xyron & then stuck it to the white cardstock. Very easy to work with! My kit had the QuicKutz peppermint die but I just had to cut some Cricut penguins to compliment Austin's outfit. Took the picture after his visit with Santa. Saw the decorations they had for the North Pole & just had to get pictures of our little penguin sitting there. :)



The Cricut cartridges used for this page are:

Christmas Cheer for those adorable penguins. Cut @ 3 1/2" 4" & 4 1/2". I added google eyes & stickles for their hats.

Winter Frolic for the North Pole sign with the words & it also included the arrow. Cut at 24" as I hid a large part of the cut. I only wanted the sign & arrow so had to make those small things really large for my page.

Mickey Font for the rest of the title. Cut with shadow at 1 1/2".

I used a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder for the words & letters. Used a snowflake folder for the sign & arrow. Also used some Tim Holtz distress inks - Broken China & Stormy Sky. The 2 penguins together are popped up as well as the arrow & some of the peppermint candies.

This was a fun page to do! :)

Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful 2013!!




1 comment: